Our client is one of the oldest P&I Clubs in the World and they are looking for a talented Senior Claims Executive who can provide legal advice to members and manage an efficient, cost effective claims handling service. Based in the London, this role provides a varied and challenging range of legal work.
* Competently manage claims and communicate effectively with all interested parties.
* The requirement is for the provision of an efficient cost-effective claims handling service which meets the needs of the members/ clients and the firm's Load Management requirements and Good Practice Guidelines.
* Investigate, analyse, assess, negotiate and settle claims within operational guidelines.
* Develop productive relations with Members.
* Actively participate in teams both internally and externally.
* Develop and manage relationships with suppliers to ensure effective management of claims.
* Exchange relevant information within the firm and secure contribution towards optimum case results.
* Deal with all Member queries quickly and courteously to foster perception of ease of use, approachability and a positive sympathetic attitude.
Skills, qualifications & knowledge:
* Experienced P&I/ Defence Claims Handler and
* Qualified lawyer at least 3 years PQE
* Ability to quickly assimilate and implement knowledge
* Strong negotiation skills
* Demonstrable team focus
* Able to demonstrate networking and relationship management skills
* Willingness to embrace change
* Enthusiastic and self motivated
* Well-organised and efficient
This is a 6 month FTC with a strong possibility of permanency.