International law firm are looking to recruit a Head of Regulatory Compliance in their London office. The ideal candidate will have previous hands-on experience of advising on regulatory issues in a commercial law firm with proven ability to assess and deal with compliance with reference to the firm's strategic goals.
The role will require the applicant to:
· Gain an understanding of the regulatory regime in the various jurisdictions in which the firm operates;
· understand the policies, processes and procedures in place to address the legal and regulatory requirements;
· recommend changes or additions to policies, processes and procedures, where required;
· be responsible for the implementation of any changes;
· monitor the effectiveness of the policies and procedures;
· liaise with external regulatory bodies and address any regulatory enquiries
· work with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer to ensure that the firm's processes and procedures remain up-to-date;
· liaise with the Intake Team and International Conflicts Counsel in relation to new business intake;
· work with the Quality & Assurance team to agree and implement any training programmes;
· work with the International Projects Counsel and International Conflicts Counsel to understand the regulatory requirements of any new offices and include them within the firm's ongoing compliance programme
The role does not include addressing data protection issues, which are separately managed within the Risk & Compliance team. The firm also has a Chief Information Security Officer who is responsible for addressing Information Security risk and compliance issues.
The Risk & Compliance team relies on local offices to advise it of any relevant new local legislation or regulation, although the applicant would be expected to develop those relationships to ensure early warning of impending changes.