Job: Sole Legal Counsel – Head of Legal
Our client is looking for a Head of Legal / Sole Legal Counsel to join their busy and growing business. This is a varied and interesting role with a focus on drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements.
As the business’ Sole Legal Counsel, you will be involved in varied and challenging work and play a key role in decisions. The opportunity to build and grow a legal department in time will exist.
Based in London this company has a hybrid working policy preferring employees to be in 3 days in the office per week.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 5 years PQE and a proven track record in their career to date
- Have experienced working in a regulated entity, ideally an FCA regulated business
- Have a strong background in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements
- Help the company on a wide range of other legal matters such as corporate, company secretarial, compliance and disputes
- Have trained and qualified at a highly regarded national or international law firm
- Be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a commercial / business outlook to their work
You will need to be hungry and ambitious and keen to push your career forward in a vibrant, fast moving in-house legal department.
In-house experience would be desirable, but the client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills.
Our client envisages that candidates with at least 5 years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn’t for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.