Job: Sole Legal Counsel
Our international client is looking for a Corporate Commercial Lawyer for a Sole Legal Counsel opportunity. This is a varied and interesting role with a focus on drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements.
As the business’ Sole Legal Counsel, you will be involved in varied and challenging work and play a key role in decisions.
Based in London this company does offer hybrid working and would also consider candidates looking to work 100% remotely.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a UK qualified solicitor with strong academics who has trained at a reputable law firm
- Have experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and agreements
- Provide general corporate, M&A, JVs, company commercial transactional advice
- Be able to assist and help the department on a wide range of other legal matters
- Have experience of working in a financial services regulated environment
- Be able to work in a fast-moving environment
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commercial / business outlook to their work
In-house experience would be desirable, but the client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills.
Our client envisages that candidates with between 4 - 8 years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.