Job: NEW: FINANCIAL REGULATION LAWYER (4 YEARS’+ PQE) – £110K+ INTERNATIONAL LAW FIRM, LONDON
NEW: FINANCIAL REGULATION LAWYER (4 YEARS’+ PQE) – £110K+ INTERNATIONAL LAW FIRM, LONDON (WILL CONSIDER IN-HOUSE CANDIDATES)
A market-leading international law firm has a rare opportunity for an Associate to join its highly regarded Financial Regulation team.
This opportunity is truly unique: in addition to private practice solicitors looking to move up the Legal 500 Tiers, this Firm are also interested in hearing from candidates currently at a Financial Regulator or in-house.
This is a highly developed and well-resourced team; the vacancy has arisen due to the team having recently won substantial new work.
QED Legal’s client provides regulatory advice to financial institutions and other businesses including banks, investment managers, building societies, life and non-life insurance companies, trading platforms, stockbrokers, corporate financiers, intermediaries (including networks), payment services firms, specialist lenders custodians, and pension houses.
Working with colleagues in Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg and Dubai, this role shall involve advising on:
- The Consumer Credit Act 1974, secondary legislation, the FCA’s rules in the Consumer Credit sourcebook and relevant industry guidance;
- The Payment Services Regulations 2017 and the Electronic Money Regulations 2011;
- Cryptoassets, stablecoins and the use of distributed ledger technology in payments;
- The regime under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 for regulated mortgage contracts, and regulated activities in the UK and internationally;
- The interpretation of the FCA and PRA's rules (including the various Conduct of Business rulebooks; Supervision; Senior Management Arrangements, Systems & Controls; Capital requirements; and Client Money and Custody rules);
- Drafting terms of business for consumer credit and payment products and services;
- Supporting contentious regulatory colleagues in relation to regulatory investigations.
A truly international law firm with over 1,500 lawyers operating from locations throughout UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, and has achieved more Tier 1 rankings in the Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm.
If this role sounds of interest, please contact Dominic Roberts in confidence at email@example.com or on (+44) 7857 439 641