Job: M&A Corporate Solicitor 3-5PQE – Liverpool – Career Progression onto Management
A niche commercial Legal 500 rated Liverpool City centre firm is looking to expand, and because of this, they have an opening for a M&A Corporate Solicitor 3- 5 PQE + to add to their already thriving and friendly team.
The position offers the following:
Great salary up to £60,000
Career Progression in time to Head of Department
Positive Work Life Balance
Legal 500 Firm
This is a unique opportunity with an outstanding firm that puts the happiness and development of their staff at the forefront of their agenda. Because the firm sees staff fulfilment and professional development as so important, they are currently putting several measures in place to become the best place to work in, in the North West.
The team is very supportive and has a lovely and down to earth atmosphere. They are interested in genuine people, and want them to enjoy coming into work and doing the best job they can for their clients.
The firm is very big on work life balance, and operates a standard 9-5 structure, with no requirements to start work early or finish at silly o’clock in the evening.
This firm is currently looking to grow the transactional/Mergers & Acquisitions side of their corporate department, due to the high influx of instructions from existing, as well as, new clients.
A following is not required, and in time, the firm will provide you with outstanding training on business development and make you into an exceptional and successful solicitor.
The firm enjoys the high quality of work of national and international firms and provide an individual and bespoke service to each and every one of their commercial clients.
The firm is very good at recognising untapped talent that often slips through the cracks at the bigger firms. So, if you are currently feeling unappreciated, or like a cog in a big machine, please do reach out to Paulina Anna at QED Legal, to have a confidential chat about this amazing opportunity.
This firm is looking for someone who aspires to develop their skills and progress in the company, with a view for you to become the Head of Department in time.
This role is ideal for an M&A Corporate Solicitor, who enjoys dealing with all the aspects of a transaction, from initial conception to consummation. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the target company for sale by, for example, ensuring that corporate formalities have been duly adhered to, third party vendor and supplier relationships are appropriately formalized and identifying, and if possible taking steps to mitigate, areas of potential risk,
- Working with tax and financial advisers to structure the transaction,
- Conducting or facilitating legal due diligence (i.e., the review of contracts, permits, organizational documents and other materials relating to the target company, the subject assets or, occasionally, the buyer, to develop an understanding of the scope, value and risks of the transaction),
- Drafting and negotiating the principal transaction agreement, including crafting appropriate representations, warranties, covenants and disclosure schedules in light of issues identified during due diligence and conditions to closing,
- Advising buyer and target boards of directors and management on fiduciary duties and minority shareholder rights, such as dissenters’ rights, including identifying conflicts of interest or other factors that may result in higher standards of scrutiny,
- Advising as to disclosure obligations under applicable federal securities laws, securities exchange listing standards and fiduciary duties as well as drafting any press releases, proxy or information statements, tender offer documentation and registration statements,
- Providing tactical advice during negotiations,
- Drafting and negotiating ancillary documents, including any exclusivity agreement, legal opinion, assignment and assumption agreement, escrow agreement or transition services agreement,
- Advising on and implementing defensive measures to deter or thwart hostile takeover attempts or activist shareholder destabilization campaigns, including advising on proxy contests and preparing shareholder rights plans (poison pills).
If this role looks like it could be a great next step up your career and you'd be interested in finding out, apply below or get in touch with Paulina Anna at QED Legal for a confidential chat.