Job: Legal & Privacy Director – Technology
Our client is an international technology company, looking for a Legal & Privacy Director.
Remote Working Opportunity - Based in Central London this company has a hybrid working policy preferring employees to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week.
- Lead and support the legal department
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts with a leaning towards, SaaS, technology, and software agreements
- Ensure all commercial contracts (both supplier and customer) are fit for purpose
- Provide practical and timely data privacy / data protection compliance advice and guidance.
- Manage the Company Intellectual Property (trademark and patent) portfolio (with external patent attorney support)
- Responsible for the management of a Legal Counsel providing support, guidance and feedback as appropriate.
The successful candidate:
- Be an English qualified solicitor ideally with at least 6 years’ post qualified experience in commercial technology and privacy
- Previous experience as a DPO is not required, but a very strong understanding of data protection / privacy is needed
- You must have in depth experience of working within the technology and / or IP sectors
- Have good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Have a commercial / business outlook to their work
Our client envisages that candidates will have at least 6 years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn’t for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.