Job: Legal Counsel – Commercial Solicitor
Our client is looking for an In-house Legal Counsel / Commercial Lawyer to join their highly regarded legal team. Based in York this is a varied role involving drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements. You will also be advising and assisting the business on a wide range of other legal matters.
Whilst a background in commercial contracts would be desirable the client is not fixated on this. They would be willing to train and develop a lawyer from another discipline such as commercial property / real estate, corporate, commercial litigation, employment or construction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have a strong grounding in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Be able to work in a busy in-house legal department and provide day to day commercial advice to all departments within the business which might include areas such as data protection, corporate and some disputes
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholders
- Be able to effectively manage competing priorities and stakeholder expectation
- Be a UK qualified solicitor with strong academics ranging from newly qualified to 4 years PQE
In-house experience would be desirable, but the client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills.
Our client envisages that candidates between newly qualified to 4 years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn’t for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.