Job: Head of Legal
Our client is an international company, looking for a Head of Legal. This would be a good opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel looking to take the step up to Head of Legal.
Remote Working Opportunity - The head office is currently in Central London but they would consider candidates from all regions of the UK. Some of the team work in the office a couple of days a week, others only come in for key meetings a couple of times a quarter. The company want people to be able to work in the best environment for them.
- Lead the legal, compliance and risk function
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Working with the colleagues to ensure commercial contracts (both supplier and customer) are fit for purpose
- Act as the Compliance Officer having responsibility for ensuring appropriate policies, procedures are in place
- Responsibility to develop and mentor for one direct report
- Provide a wide range of advice on legal and compliance matters
- Support the Group Company Secretary with the administration of legal entities
The successful candidate:
- Be a qualified Solicitor ideally with at least 5 years’ experience in in-house professional services and / or technology company
- Have good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Have a commercial / business outlook to their work
Our client envisages that candidates will have at least 5 years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn’t for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.