Job: Financial Controller
Financial Controller - Legal Practice
Hove, East Sussex
An opportunity to join a modern and dynamic practice, that truly differentiates itself from the rest, this is not your 'average law firm'!
The firm are a little different from what you might expect of a tradditional law practice, both in terms of how the firm is run democratically, as well as their excellent grasp of marketing and the relaxed culture they like to foster at the office itself. The firm have been recognised both in the press and through various awards schemes that recognise good places to work out and 'Ones to watch' for the future.
With no secretaries or internal hierarchy and no office dress code it's is a place where everyone can and does make a difference and a firm that doesn't compromise on service to increase profits. The firm are keen to emply who trully want to play a part in a growing business!
If you're looking for an new opportunity and consider yourself to have good commercial awareness and keen to offer insight into the strategic direction of the business then this could be your next challenge!
The finance function itself comprises of two full-time people, forming part of a wider administrative team. As Financial Controller you would report directly to the Board and take on the task managing the accounting function to include:
- Overseeing sales and purchase ledgers
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts, maintaining chart of accounts and trial balance
- preparing monthly management accounts and presenting these to the Board
- Credit control
- Preparing VAT returns
- Administering Payroll
- Managing and reviewing work of the Accounts Assistant
- Reviewing and approving transactional completions for conveyancing and business sales
- Liaising with our external accountants to prepare Financial Statements for Companies House
- Liaising with our external accountants for the Solicitor’s Regulatory audit
- Safeguarding client funds and ensuring regulatory compliance in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Performing role of the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration
The quoted salary is a guide, with the firm being open to discussing figures based on experience. Part qualified (ACA etc) individuals would be of particular interest and while a legal background may prove to be beneficial it is not a 'must have'.
To discuss the role further contact Gary at QED Legal or simply apply online with your CV and we will come back to you asap.