Job: Defendant RTA Fast and Multi Track – Up to £40,000 – Merseyside/Hybrid
A North West leading Defendant law firm with a strong reputation of career development and work quality are seeking a Defendant RTA Fast and Multi Track Fee Earner to join their thriving team.
OPEN TO CLAIMANT AND DEFENDANT BACKGROUNDS
This is a hybrid working role and offers the following:
Attractive Salary up to £40,000 DOE
Hybrid Working (4 WFH)
Training and Development Opportunities
Diverse and Inclusive Firm
Company Funded Social Events
Dress For Your Day Policy
Other Great Benefits
My client are looking for an experienced Defendant RTA Litigation Fee Earner to be responsible for a caseload of Fast Track and Multi Track Personal Injury RTA claims. You will be working with several insurers and defend claims on their behalf, liaising and taking instruction from them.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a caseload of Fast Track and Multi Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
If this role sounds like it could be the next step up in your career, then please apply below or get in touch with Paulina Anna for a confidential chat about the role.