Job: Credit controller
QED are representing a legal 500 firm who are looking for a credit controller on a 12 month fixed term basis based in Chester.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous Credit Control experience, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Positive self starter who is able to work on own initiative.
- Professional and courteous approach.
- Ordered, process led approach to ensure progression of actions through the debt cycle.
- First class communication / customer services skills in order to deal with both internal and external relationships.
- Robust character in order to deal effectively with the challenges of Credit Control.
- Excellent IT / Excel skills.
A day in the office will look like:
- Day to day responsibility for managing the firm’s debtors (c900 live accounts) as part of the credit control team
- Proactively progressing collections via telephone, email and letters.
- Accurately recording debt collection actions and commitments to ensure they are followed up and progressed proactively.
- Taking payments both over the phone and face to face.
- Regular internal liaison at all levels to aid the progress of debt collections.
- Resolution and recording of queries and issues as required.
- Daily upkeep of debtor reports (currently MS Excel).
- Daily updating and reconciling of payments on the Accounts system.
- Highlighting / escalating of debt concerns as appropriate.
- General ad hoc Accounts duties to support the Accounts team as required.
Hours of work & Benefits
This is a full-time position working hours are 09:00 to 17:30.
They offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including:
- 5 weeks annual holiday (increasing with long service)
- Enhanced pension
- Healthcare scheme
- Death in service benefit (4 x annual salary)
- Supported parking scheme
- and more...
Please apply clicking 'apply online' below or get in touch with Amy at QED legal for further details.