Job: Commercial Solicitor – In-house
Our FTSE 250 client is looking for a Commercial Lawyer to join their busy in-house legal department. This is a varied and interesting role dealing with lots of opportunities to learn and develop.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a UK qualified solicitor with strong academics who has trained at a reputable law firm
- Have experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and agreements – including but not limited - to retail agreements, distribution agreements, IT contracts, facilities contracts, and procurement contracts
- Ideally have some experience of financial services regulatory legal work
- Advise the Company on a range of other legal matters including data protection / GDPR
- Be able to work in a fast-moving environment
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commercial / business outlook to their work
Based in Reigate the Company does offer hybrid working but would expect the candidate to be in the office 2 days a week.
In-house experience would be desirable, but the client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills.
Our client envisages that candidates with at least two years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn’t for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.