Pensions Law NQ required by an international law firm to work on a wide variety of pension matters. The role will involve corporate support work, advising scheme trustees and advising corporates.
The firm's Pensions Group are involved in all aspects of advisory and corporate support pensions advice.
* advises trustees of a number of pensions schemes ranging from very small schemes to schemes with about £400m of assets to very large schemes;
* advises employers (and investors/ parent companies/ shareholders) on pension scheme funding, pension change projects and "moral hazard" risks associated with corporate activity
* works closely with their Business Support and Restructuring team for example they recently advised an insolvency practioner on responding to a "section 91 notice" from the PPF and they have jointly advised directors on their corporate duties where employers with pension schemes are in financial difficulty;
* works with the Litigation department where there is a partner who specialises in pensions litigation to deliver seamless advice where litigation expertise is required.; and
* works with the corporate and projects departments to advise on corporate restructuring, outsourcing and mergers and acquisitions.