Pensions Law Solicitor, min 4 yrs PQE, required by an international law firm whose pensions team acts for both companies and trustees in relation to all aspects of pension schemes, including establishment, mergers, winding up and ongoing compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
The pensions group deals with all aspects of pension arrangements, including:
* the establishment, revision, amalgamation or winding up of schemes
* advice on trustees' powers, duties and statutory obligations
* investment management agreements and common investment funds
* acquisition and disposal of companies and assets
* predator protection
* employment contracts/dismissal
* extraction of surplus
* pension scheme deficits
* recovery of misappropriated scheme assets
* insurance products: personal pension plans and offshore arrangements
* advice to independent trustees
* contentious aspects of pensions, including rectification claims, actions to recover overpayments and claims involving professional advisers.