Our client is a leading international commodity trading company looking to grow its small legal team. The company has grown rapidly in the last few years with significant customers and relationships across the globe.
This is a varied and interesting role involving drafting and negotiating a wide range of international commercial contracts and agreement. Based in London this position will see you advising and assisting the business, working closely with senior executives within the business and traders and customers internationally.
The ideal candidate:
* A UK qualified solicitor with strong academics and at least 3 years PQE
* Previous In-house experience - if not currently working in-house then with previous in-house secondment experience
* A strong grounding in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts is essential with exposure to trade contracts relating to the buying and selling of metals, charterparty agreements, shipping contracts, insurance, consultancy and agency agreements
* The ability to work in a busy legal department dealing with a range of other legal matters including - compliance, regulatory, HR / employment and finance issues
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, highly regarded and successful team dealing with interesting, complex international work.
Our client envisages that candidates with between 3 - 10 years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.
Good bonus, additional benefits