Excellent opportunity for Funds Solicitor, NQ-3 yrs PQE, to join a high profile London law firm who act for a substantial number of investment fund and financial product providers, including stand-alone fund management houses and the investment arms of integrated houses. They also advise depositaries, custodians and administrators.
They work on all types of regulated funds, (UCITS, Non-UCITS and Qualified Investor Schemes) as well as Property Authorised Investment Funds (PAIFs), Funds of Alternative Investment Funds (FAIFs) and Charity Authorised Investment Funds (CAIFs).
They support clients with:
* the formation of new regulated funds (unit trusts, OEICs and ACSs);
* product design, including firms both in the traditional long only area and in alternatives to explore the potential of "liquid alternative" funds;
* on-going changes to fund ranges including mergers, changes to investment policies, changes to service providers and terminations;
* the migration and amalgamation of funds between different jurisdictions;
* marketing and distribution advice including cross-border registration of UCITS funds both into the UK and other Member States of the EEA, AIFMD notifications and reviewing distribution and platform agreements;
* preparing and negotiating fund management agreements;
* reviewing and negotiating service provider agreements such as depositary and custody agreements, administration agreements, and hosting or sponsorship agreements;
* amending fund documentation in preparation for regulatory changes such as MiFID II; and
* all related regulatory matters such as conduct of business rules, CASS, regulatory capital, RDR, UCITS V and VI, AIFMD, remuneration, PRIIPs, conduct risk, client and product documentation, general commercial / contractual matters (including GDPR) and outsourcing.
For more information on this great opportunity please contact Simon Beresford-Webb at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.