An exciting opportunity for a Senior associate with specialist data privacy experience to develop their career and personal profile within an expanding data privacy and cyber security team in a top corporate practice in the city. The role will primarily be non-contentious advice, however you will also work closely with members of their Litigation and Corporate Risk department on pre-and post-contentious data breach and cyber-attack legal support.
There is a busy pipeline of multi-jurisdictional work through the Firm's clients, across a broad range of sectors and from most of the Firm's practices, with significant room for further growth. Their corporate lawyers are seen as commercial, innovative and the role will enable you to have significant client contact. You will have a real opportunity to make your mark within their Corporate Department and the wider Firm. The highly regarded Commercial & Technology practice represents household names and other clients on a range of strategic commercial, data protection and cyber matters, IT, outsourcing and IP protection.
Responsibilities will include:
* Providing specialist advice to clients to ensure their contractual, legal, technical operational systems and processes are GDPR-compliant;
* Updating contracts and policies to reflect GDPR requirements, negotiating terms with counter parties, as required;
* Legal opinions and analysis of topics such as controller versus processor roles, jurisdictional application of the GDPR,
* Providing e-marketing advice;
* Preparing Data Transfer Agreements;
* Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments;
* Coordinating multijurisdictional projects;
* Working alongside Litigation and Corporate Risk to provide clients with data breach and cyber-attack legal support;
* Liaising effectively with external and internal clients, supervision and mentoring of trainees and more junior colleagues.