Non-Contentious Construction Law Solicitor, min 1 yrs PQE, required by a high profile law firm steeped in history.
The Real Estate department's core practice areas include construction, development and urban regeneration, fashion and retail, investment, planning and environment, residential, dispute resolution, finance and taxation. Their clients span both the world of corporate and private wealth giving them a unique perspective on the market. Their infrastructure of connections and investors coupled with their understanding of the complex policy landscape, are both highly valued by their clients. They offer a one stop shop for property services from acquisition and planning, through to construction, disposal and asset management, encompassing both commercial and residential property.
* Preparation and negotiation of construction documentation, including consultants' appointments, building contracts (based on standard forms), letters of intent, collateral warranties, third party rights notices, parent company guarantees and performance bonds.
* Assisting in relation to the construction aspects of real estate transactions (commercial and high value residential), property finance and corporate transactions, including due diligence and the preparation of due diligence reports, raising and replying to enquiries.
* Assisting with the management of key client accounts.
* Managing and building client relationships, and acting as a point of contact.
* Acting as a point of contact on projects.
* The role will be largely non-contentious so a strong working knowledge of non-contentious construction is essential.
* Proven experience working for developers, investors, lenders, contractors and consultants in the following sectors: housing (including prime/super prime central London and the branded private rental sector), retail, commercial, student accommodation, education and retirement homes.
* Must be familiar with the various methods of construction procurement and have a good knowledge of all the standard forms of construction contract, including JCT and NEC.
* Proven experience advising on the construction aspects of agreements for lease, facility agreements, forward funding agreements and construction related security documents, such a collateral warrants, third party rights, bonds, guarantees and escrow agreements.
* Candidates will need to have strong drafting and negotiating skills. They should have experience of drafting and negotiating amendments to the standard building contracts and working on bespoke agreements, including assisting with preparation of precedent documents.
* Proven experience of working for high net worth clients, including overseas clients.
* Ability to run their own matters with partner or legal director supervision.
* Proven experience of preparing marketing materials and presenting at client marketing events.