Construction Law Solicitor, NQ-2 yrs PQE, required by a highly rated London law firm whose core practice areas include construction, development and urban regeneration, fashion and retail, investment, planning and environment, residential, dispute resolution, finance and taxation.
* Preparation and negotiation of construction documentation, including consultants' appointments, building contracts (based on standard forms), letters of intent, collateral warranties, third party rights notices, parent company guarantees and performance bonds.
* Assisting in relation to the construction aspects of real estate transactions (commercial and high value residential), property finance and corporate transactions, including due diligence and the preparation of due diligence reports, raising and replying to enquiries.
* Assisting with the management of key client accounts.
* Managing and building client relationships, and acting as a point of contact.
* Acting as a point of contact on projects.
* The role will be largely non-contentious so a strong working knowledge of non-contentious construction is essential.
* Proven experience working for developers, investors, lenders, contractors and consultants in the following sectors: housing (including prime/super prime central London and the branded private rental sector), retail, commercial, student accommodation, education and retirement homes.
* Must be familiar with the various methods of construction procurement and have a good knowledge of all the standard forms of construction contract, including JCT and NEC.
* Proven experience advising on the construction aspects of agreements for lease, facility agreements, forward funding agreements and construction related security documents, such a collateral warrants, third party rights, bonds, guarantees and escrow agreements.
* Candidates will need to have strong drafting and negotiating skills. They should have experience of drafting and negotiating amendments to the standard building contracts and working on bespoke agreements, including assisting with preparation of precedent documents.
* Proven experience of working for high net worth clients, including overseas clients.
* Ability to run their own matters with partner or legal director supervision.
* Proven experience of preparing marketing materials and presenting at client marketing events.